Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1st again!

Hello, NaNoNovember! Halloween was, as always, total insanity at work. I have, as usual, too many crochet projects on my plate that really absolutely need worked on. I have not, as ever, been in the habit of seriously writing for months.

But I know full well how happy I always am during November, when I'm fully engrossed in the world of whatever story I'm working on. So, despite the usual trepidation, here I am again. :)

I'm sototally breaking the solemn interdiction of NaNoLand, and going back to work on an old novel. You're not supposed to do this, because a) it's restrictive, and b) insanely tempting to go into editing mode, rather than free-write mode. However, I'm feeling pretty confident after winning the last three years, and (sort of) feel up to the challenge. Also, I have huuuuuge swathes of story that need written in between the bits I wrote that year. Bits and pieces were added over the last couple of years, which I'm going to try desperately not to put toward my wordcount this month (if I decide to get them typed up). :p

Haven't yet decided if/what I'm going to re-post here - the early version has had several bouts of revision, lots of little things added, so I might copy-paste those sections here where appropriate, so anyone reading doesn't have giant chunks left out of the story. We'll see what time allows.


...and now it's past noon on Day One, and I haven't even finished re-reading the first chapter of the original version, in order to get back into my characters' heads. But! I have an outline! With vast expanses of asterisks and ideas sketched in and things that need to be added. (I only have ONE section from Veri's pov??? Really??!?) So I will be clinging to that, and lots of coffee&tea&hot chocolate& cookies.

Time to read, shower, think. And I think I'll copy-paste over here the early sections of the novel, as it stands in its latest revision. (I got about halfway through last time around, so these will definitely read prettier than the things to come!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment