Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Notes

I am trying to make Claude into a little snot. He was not as much of one in the original story, but, I think he should be one. Poor Luce - I, and thus he, could barely contain massive gigglefits at some of the things the boy said.

(I realized yesterday that I should probably have made it clear earlier on in the story that by "boy", my Grigori mean someone late teens, early twenties. Young man, really. But they're a bit too demeaning for that.)

Luce can be both my hardest and easiest character to write. He likes to ramble on about the psychology of people and that sort of thing. It's really, really intimidating to think about the sheer volume of epigrams that he ought to be spouting, but once he starts talking... it's hard to shut him up.

David is younger than Claude, and I realized this year that they were far too similar in my head, so I'm working on differentiating them better. Unfortunately for you, they're only coming clearer in my own mind as I write them. :p So please bear with.

Originally, I was just going to have this scene cover some general notes on character relationships, and then have someone (probably Luce) observe and comment on a sniping little bitchfight between Claude and David. That fight has yet to happen... and I have to admit, I'm a little upset about subjecting poor little David to it. Claude is a snot, and is going to be terribly unkind, I'm afraid. The purpose of this fight, I have yet to discover, I just know they should have one. (Though, I'm starting to think Claude should instead pick a fight with Veri - the motivation is clear, and it would be FUNNY AS ALL FREAKING HELL to watch him try it.)

...why are my characters all so sadistic? I'm a nice person! Really! I can barely insult people, let alone plot their moral demises.

0 comments:

Post a Comment