Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Note

I was in such a rut this morning - it felt like one of two scenes should happen next, and they were both ones I'd already written. xp Luckily, it took some setup to reach where I wanted to stick in Azal watching his dancer in the garden.

If that scene seems familiar... It's a re-edited version of "Fuschia", which I posted over on Amaranth and Jasmine whenever it was I wrote it. Unfortunately, I think I had Meres in mind when I wrote it, because I'd originally made a reference to Azal in the thing. A few other minor changes were made this morning, but... it was really pretty. I wanted Azal to have a moment of comfort after all his recent trauma. (Especially as he has more coming, the poor dear.)

I'm not entirely confident it's properly in his voice, but I have more trouble with his voice than anyone else's. Meres - artistic commentary. Veri - whiny. Luce - devious and philosophical. Mephisto - daydreamy and theatrical. (I am still swooned from last night's chapter. I am so in love.) Adir - uh, a non-voice, largely. I still go back and forth as to whether he should get anything from his pov at all, but, I'm a bit attached to the contrast. Also, there's a scene I wrote him (or Nila, or Carey, I forget) for the original 2007 version, coming up soon I think, that had some elements I really, really liked. So, for now, he stays.

0 comments:

Post a Comment